Best Walk Behind Mower for Hills: It can be dangerous to mow a hilly slope. You have to pick the right mower to mow successfully. With a wrong mower, the quality of mowing will be poor and you will be unable to cut anything properly. You may choose from 3 varied forms of mowers – Walk-behind, Zero-turn and Riding lawn mowers. It is best to use the walk-behind models for working on hills, as these let you change your position quickly while moving along hilly slopes. You can also control easily through the press buttons situated on the mower’s right side. Riding lawn mowers and Zero-turn lawn mowers, in comparison, may easily tipple. Here is a useful buying guide on the best walk-behind mower for hills.
5 Best Walk Behind Mower for Hills 2019
We can Check 5 Best Walk Behind Mower for Hills Product List:
1. Snapper P2185020E HI VAC 190cc 3-N-1 Rear Wheel Drive
This is from the brand Snapper. This mower can be used to bag clippings and has some excellent features. This 3-in-1 mower can mulch easily and discharge well out of the sides. It is fast in operations, and can go as much as 4 miles per hour. Its disc drive transmission system lets users slow down or speed up to enjoy a uniform speed on the hills.
When you wish to mow, you may adjust the mower’s cutting height between 1.25 and 4 inches to be easily able to mow the lawn of any residential establishment. It has a handlebar with foamed grips that allow comfortable holding. It also consists of a cup holder. The mower is offered with a warranty of 3 years to avoid any issues.
With this mowing equipment, you can collect debris without the need to make multiple trips. It has 10-inch wheels with ball bearings that can last for more time. It also has the suction needed for directing the entre clippings into the bag in the rear section. Its Hi-Vac system, uplifting blade motion and rolled deck ensure a clean deck.
# It has a rear wheel drive.
# It has a collector bag of 2.5-bushel.
# It is offered with a warranty of 3 years, which ensures coverage in case of issues.
• The mower is high on power, and its engine has been designed to be durable for many years. Its powerful engine makes it suitable for even heavy-duty grass cutting sessions.
• The wheels allow smoother turns and cause minimal damages to the lawn.
• It has plenty of traction that makes it easier for you to turn the mower.
Although the device is able to do mulching, its mulching kit is separately sold. It can just bag clippings and discharge them in the absence of such a kit.
2. Honda HRR216K9VKA 3-in-1 Variable Speed Gas Mower
It is from the prestigious brand Honda. This self-propelled mower came out some years back and has been famous ever since. Rather than swapping out bag, mulch plug and other accessories based on whether you wish to bag, discharge from the sides or mulch, you can just push the lever to get the function that you need.
It has a Smart Drive control lever that allows you to choose speeds as high as 4 miles per hour. It is perfect when you are in haste to mow things. You have to adjust the height of cutting, which needs you to set a lever at every wheel. This can be difficult in case you are frequently doing it. However, there are 6 different cutting heights – which range between 1 1/8 and 4 inches, a decent range for cutting lawn grasses of most types.
The device has a twin-blade system, which gives crisp and fine cuts – particularly at the time of mulching. Its bag can pack plenty of clippings or mulch before you have to empty it. It is offered with a limited warranty of 3 years, and ensures that you can get coverage in case of any issues with this mower.
It comes with auto-choke functionality. However, you will not have the convenience of a button-push but need to pull the cord. However, most buyers seem not to mind having to do this as it gets started on the initial attempt.
# The Chip Director is among its top features. This will ensure that you will face no loss of time or have to misplace accessories.
# It has a powerful Honda engine with 4 cylinders that is compliant to EPA and CARB standards for emissions and fuel economy.
# It has a sizable 2.4 bushel collector bag.
• You can easily get to work with a flip of the lever.
• It has foamed handlebar and its height can be adjusted easily.
• It can be folded up for convenient storage.
• It is offered with a limited warranty of 3 years, and ensures that you can get coverage in case of any issues with this mower.
• When filled up, it can get quite heavy.
3. Troy-Bilt TB330 163cc 21-inch 3-in-1 Rear Wheel Drive mower
This is a product from Troy-Bilt, a US brand that makes fantastic outdoor power equipment such as cultivators, string trimmers, riding mowers and walk-behind lawn mowers such as the Troy Bilt Self Propelled Mower TB330. It has a deck washing system to let you easily clean the blades and the deck with no hassles. You only have to connect a hose to the equipment’s wash port and use water to clean the blades and the deck.
As it is self-propelling, you can maneuver it conveniently – particularly around trees and other obstructions. Thus, pushing the mower is easier and the job is much less tiring. The mower is equipped with a 163cc Stratton OHV engine that offers a terrific performance. You have to pull the starter one or two times to start the mower.
There are as many as 6 cutting height adjustments in this 3-in-1 mower, and allows you to set the mower with the aid of a lever. You can adjust the range between 1.25 and 3.75 inches. It has comfortable blade controlling handles that can let you regulate the blade easily. In case you come across obstructions easily, you can stop the blade simply by releasing the handle.
The equipment has wheels of 8 inches at the front and the back, which is generally regarded as better for a terrain that is not uniform. You may adjust the mower’s speed as per your own pace, and may choose from 4 speeds to comfortably move about.
# It is a mower with RWD (rear wheel drive) which is ideal for yards as wide as 10890 sq. ft or ¼ acres.
# It has a bag of 1.9 bushel and can be used for gathering all the grass clippings.
# You can side discharge and mulch its clippings.
• The cutting deck is wide and 21 inches in area, covering more grass at one time.
• It has comfortable blade controlling handles that can let you regulate the blade easily.
• The mower has an ergonomic design that makes it easier to handle.
• It is offered with a limited warranty of 3 years.
• It has ergonomic handles, but is not cushioned.
• The plastic levers used for making the mower with RWD are not very long-lasting.
4. GreenWorks 16-Inch 10 Amp Corded Lawn Mower
This 2-in-1 mower is by Greenworks. It has an eco-friendly and maintenance free 120 V, 10 amp motor with robust mulching and cutting power. It offers mulching and side discharge. It has been designed for small applications and offers a reliable performance. It is corded, noiseless in operations and do not generate any poisonous fumes.
There is just one height adjustment lever having 5 varied settings of height for cutting grass, which range between 1 and 3 ¼ inches. It can be adjusted easily, and you do not need to adjust it again and again. It has a wide deck of 16 inches for cutting grasses. The mowing job can efficiently be done and is minimal time. Its cutting deck is made of long-lasting ABS polymer that offers lightweight transport and higher control.
The equipment is made out of hard plastic. It has a compact sized design, and can easily be stored due to its folding handle. There is no need for any maintenance, which makes it ideal for people using a mower for the first time. The mower has a good power cord that offers consistent delivery of power, even in the most prolonged mowing sessions.
The lawn mower can be assembled easily. It can be started easily and can gather grasses with a lot of power. It can bag or mulch, but lacks a discharge feature. Thus, if you want discharge from your mowing equipment, this might not be the best option in your case. It is light in weight and the wheels have a nice design, which makes it easily maneuverable. Its single lever height adjustments make it perfect for cutting all kinds of grasses.
It is only good for small-sized lawns, because it has a cutting path 16-inch wide. However, the cutting performance is excellent. This is an electric mower, and does not work well in wet or damp conditions. A gas mower or a fuel-run mower would be more suitable in such areas.
# You do not have to empty your bag or clean your yard after the cleaning operations.
# It has a plastic body and a metal handle.
# It has 6-inch wheels at the front and slightly larger back wheels that measure 7 inches.
# Problems of accidental disconnection of cord can be prevented with the integrated cord lock feature.
# The equipment is powered by a 10 Amp motor that lets you cut the hardest grasses in the lawn.
• It is low in bulk and can be maneuvered with ease.
• The height adjustment range is quite good.
• It can be converted easily to mulch from rear bag.
• This is an electric mower and there are no messes with oil or gas.
• The lawn mower can be assembled easily. It can be started easily and can gather grasses with a lot of power.
• It lacks a power extension.
• It has a higher price tag, which can be a problem for budget buyers.
5. POWERWORKS 60V 21-inch SP Mower, Battery and Charger
This is a mower from POWERWORKS, which is one of the original brands that offer electric tools for yards. There is a superior clippings bag and you can also get the option for discharging and mulching. The mower is quite loud in operations, although not as much as a gas mower. If you feel that you will not like such a noisy unit, you might find it better to go for an electric walk-behind lawn mower.
# The mower has a steel deck that measures 21inches and is wide enough to support even heavy duty mowing operations.
# It has a 3-in-1 design that lets you discharge, mulch or bag.
# It is powered by a 60-V brushless motor that is highly efficient in operations.
# The mowing equipment draws power from 5Ah battery that lets it run for as long as 70 minutes.
• It is priced decently for a single battery mower.
• It has a wonderful quality of construction and the cost of comparable electrical mowers is slightly more.
• There is a superior clippings bag and you can also get the option for discharging and mulching.
• It is compact in size, and can be folded down with a lot of convenience. It can be stored easily.
• It has a costly battery which can drain easily when you use the mowing equipment in a self-propelled mode.
Conclusion: These are the best walk behind mower for hills that you may choose from, and your choice should be guided by your specific requirements, how wide your yard is, how much mowing you need as well as what your budget is. Keep in mind that requirements are based on individual situations and if your yard is a big one you would not need a small mower and vice versa. Make a careful assessment of the features, strengths and weaknesses of each of the mowing equipment’s before you make a selection.