Change Blades On A Husqvarna Riding Lawn Mower: Unlike normal lawnmowers which are pushed riding lawn mowers provide the rider facility to be seated on a machine and then mowing. They are also known as tractor lawnmower. These mowers are larger than normal ones and suitable for large lawns. Before using riding mowers a person should wear good quality footwear, eye, and hearing protection. The age limit for riding mowers is a minimum of 16 years.
How To Change Blades On A Husqvarna Riding Lawn Mower
FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES:
Husqvarna mowers one of the best riding lawn mowers available in the market; they are suitable for both residential and commercial lawns. With their dual cutting blades, they cut grass of medium and long lawns in a very short time.
Husqvarna lawn mowers are one of the best products with amazing quality. There are a few advantages attached to this product.
- Maneuvering of this mower is very easy. You can get a good view of the path.
- Auto mowers are also available for those who do not want to cut the grass of their lawns themselves.
- There are electric mowers available in two types. The AC and powered by battery. The AC mower needs a cord to plug into electricity. This mower is for small lawns. Battery-powered mowers are environment-friendly. They can be used in long lawns. They are noiseless.
SHARPENING OR REPLACEMENT OF BLADES:
Their blades face a lot of wear and tear due to heavy use. For this reason, it is very important to maintain them properly for long-lasting use. Depending on the wear and tear noticeable on the blades you can decide to either replace the blades or sharpen them.
The sharpening of blades is an easy task. There are few tools available for the sharpening of the blades. Sharpening the blades is crucial to cut the grass comfortably. Blades can be sharpened with a metal flat files or stones. An angle grinder is another good option to sharpen the blades. A bench grinder fixed to a bench is also a good tool.
MTEHOD OF CHANGE OF BLADES:
If there is too much wear and tear then it is better to change the blades. Please follow these points to find out the best way to replace cutting blades of your mowing machine.
- First park the mower on a flat ground. After setting the parking brake leave your mower in gear. Lift up the mower deck to the elevated setting. It will be easier for you to remove the blades in this position. After this step, you should discard the spark plugs.
- In order to protect your hands wear good quality gloves. Lie down on your back next to the mower deck. Start rotating the blade until the blade makes a contact with the block of wood and housed in place. You must take proper note of this process as you will need it later after fixing the blades.
- Find the blade bolt in the middle of the bolt. Clockwise move the bolt counter. And remove it with a socket and wrench
- Find a wrench and a socket. Start removing the hex nut which is holding the blade. Also, remove washers positioned on the spindle. After this yank, the hex nut, washer off the blade and then eliminate the blade from the spindle.
- After this position lock and flat washer on the hex bolt. Slip the washer assembly and the bolt into the center hole of an alternate blade. Then line the new blade and the bolt together with the hole right in between of the spindle. String the bolt inside the hole in the spindle and tightened up. Curved edges of the new blade should be pointing up.
- After this, position the woodblock on the deck and join the blade. Use wrench and socket to tighten the hex bolt and repeat the process similarly for the second blade.
You will need the following things during the replacement of the blades Husqvarna mowers.
- Block of woods.
- Gloves of good quality.
- Wrench and socket.
Your new cutting blades should mention This Side Up on one side. Star structure in the middle of the blade should match with star structure in mandrel assembly so that blade fixes comfortably. Line the blade bolt with washer inside the hole in the blade and into the mandrel.
Our detailed look into the ways of removing and replacing cutting blades of Husqvarna mowers ends here. It is important that you keep a proper eye on your cutting blades after some time. As soon as you point out any wear and tear on them you should examine it properly. After examination decide whether your blades need sharpening or require replacement. We hope that this guide will be helpful to you.