How To Clean Water Heater: Many of us like to use hot water. One of the best sources of hot water is a water heater that we use in our home. It is often seen that we don’t look at our water heater after installing it. But it shouldn’t. Regular cleaning and maintenance of a water heater is so essential.
How To Clean Water Heater
As with all household chores, this is an important responsibility of ours. If you neglect to clean it, at one time, there is an accumulation of calcium, lime and other elements inside the tank, resulting in the water heater failing to flow hot water as before and not last for a long time as well.
So if you want to get the most efficient results from your water heater, you must clean it properly. This is not a difficult task to clean. You can melt the vinegar in your water tank and clean all the contents inside it.
Do you know how to clean water heater? If you do not know, you are in the right place. Here we will talk about how to clean a water heater using vinegar. So let’s get started with it. Read the entire article and get the idea of cleaning a water heater.
Process to Clean Water Heater:
Before cleaning the water tank, you need to make sure all its parts are correctly working and now is only left to clean. If any other elements disrupt the hot water, then call a technician or plumber to fix your water tank.
We’re going to clean the water tank in two stages. In the first stage, we will remove the anode from the water tank, and in the second stage, we will clean it with vinegar.
Stage 1: Remove the anode from the water tank
- Turn off the power supply before starting work. Do this from your home circuit break that drives the tank’s power supply.
- Drain the water from the water tank by opening the faucet to your home. It helps create a vacuum inside the system. To minimize water waste, turn the faucet down. This should be low enough to drain all the water through the tank. To perform the next steps, make sure you keep the faucet on.
- Now attach a hose, drain valve to the tank and keep it indoors or inside the bucket.
- You need to make sure that the cooling water supply line is at the top of the water tank. Try to close it with a lever.
- After closing the power supply, attach the hose and lower the water supply. It is time for you to drain the water from the water tank partially. Turn the drainpipe to the lowest part to allow it to drain at least three buckets of water.
- Now is the time to remove the rod. The anode rod is an etching metal that helps prevent rust formation inside the tank. It is placed in the crest part of the tank. In some cases, it is fixed to cover the tank.
You need to remove this cover with a screwdriver to get the rod’s way. The bolt is located on top of the tank which should be hexagonal.
If you detect the anode rod, it’s time to take it out of the water tank. Take the wrench and loosen the screws. Do this process until you can easily pull the rod out.
Stage 2: Mix Vinegar in Water Tank
- You’ve already figured out the anode rod. Take a funnel and place it on the opening of the anode rod. Now you need to pour the vinegar inside a lightly heated tank slowly. When the process is complete, keep the funnel separate.
- Now remove the anode and put it back in the previous place. You need to use a socket wrench to hold the aft position. Place the Teflon tape around the channel of the anode rod that will assist with the ventilation of the rod. Teflon tape should be applied to the end of the rod.
- After placing Andy inside, add some cold water to the hot water tank. Keep cold water in the water tank for a short time. It will not fill the tank and bit will help move the vinegar inside the tank.
- After making the vinegar-water solution, wait 6 hours, the solution takes time to remove the deposited materials and loosen the ones that are created over time.
- You should now open the water tank after performing the above tasks. Turn on the faucet and open the drainpipe at the bottom of the tank. Make sure you attach the hose to the drainpipe and place the inside of the bucket on the opposite side.
- After the draining process is finished, close the draining valve and make sure all calls are closed. Now turn on the cold water and allow the tank to complete the remaining work.
- After completing all the above steps, it is time to return to the home circuit. Return to the home circuit and turn on the power supply.
Are the above steps challenging to do? Of course not. You can easily clean your water heater yourself if you try and follow the steps well. So follow the instructions and do it yourself.
Cleaning and maintaining a water heater is an important task. Those who use it, they need to clean it properly. If it is not thoroughly cleaned, various dirt material may accumulate inside the tank, resulting in it being unable to flow hot water well and does not last long. This is why cleaning the water heater is very important.
Cleaning a water heater is not a daunting task, and you won’t need to spend any money to hire an expert. However, there are some steps that you need to follow well. For the benefit of all of you, here are the details of how to clean the water heater. If you can follow the mentioned steps, then you will be surely able to clean your water heater. We hope our small effort will help you a lot to get the best result.